The Leading Edge is a global insight and strategy consultancy specialising in solving brand, innovation and retail problems. Created with a simple promise to do things differently and to do things better, The Leading Edge believes it’s not just about what clients don’t know, it’s about focusing on what they can do to get better.
The Leading Edge partners with clients to help unleash their hidden potential and give them an edge, ultimately delivering focus, inspiration and guidance for an achievable and commercially focused plan.
With over 25 years of experience, The Leading Edge has offices based in London, UK and Sydney, Australia with expansion into North America coming soon.
Our Executives are the engine of our business. Supporting the Consultants with strong coordination, the role of the Execs is to make sure that, across a number of clients we have the right meetings in place, suppliers briefed and admin locked down in order that our projects run as smoothly as possible. As you’ll be learning on the job, we are looking for core values of curiosity and creativity with a data focus to ensure that when we expose you to strategic focussed brand work, you can bring those skills to begin to help evolve our thinking.
You’ll want to craft your already strong storytelling skills, and be willing to get your hands dirty across a number of clients in sectors such as FMCG, Pharma and Luxury.
The Day to Day:
- Working within a team to coordinate international and local project objectives
- Supporting the Project & Resource Manager with project administration and logistics, with direct communication with the client where appropriate
- Developing exposure to clients through supporting our Consultants and building relationships through these interactions
- Keeping abreast of where our client’s thinking is cropping up in the press and across the industry, proactively feeding this in to the wider team to help develop business
Skills – Strategy Focus
- Strategic, analytical and questioning skills used consistently to gain full understanding of how a project runs and how we work with our clients across all types of brand and innovation projects
- Developing articulate and clear points of view around our clients’ problems by working closely with the Consultants
- Developing your curiosity and questioning skills to understand how to get the most out of different project components in order to craft insights – the foundation of our strategy work
- Working closely with the consultants to understand core quant and qual research basics to fuel the insight deliverable of a project
- Working within a team to support the delivery of international and local project objectives
- Eyes and ears on who is doing great work in our industry – and feeding in to the team on what is industry leading/standard
- Supporting the team as appropriate on projects (this could be on design, data synthesis, trend analysis through to fieldwork, analysis and reporting)
- Beginning to show understanding in insight analysis sessions, helping to input thoughts on client’s briefs
- Learning to interpret data, helping to formulate appropriate conclusions for clients
- Being involved in project debriefs – gaining an understanding for how we turn insights in to answers and how those answers go on to be used by our clients
- Ability to independently write high quality, accurate pieces of work under guidance
- Working with the Consultant team to craft and create strategic insights – beginning to develop your understanding of how we identify these in the business
- Understanding of Quant and Qual within the business and how these weave into a strategic deliverable
- Exposure to costing and designing projects
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Be degree level educated, ideally in a field that is people/culturally/business management focussed
- Have exposure to working in an office, either through work experience positions, internships or permanent roles
- Have strong literate and numerical skills – being keen to develop both of these in order to solve clients’ insights problems
- Be able to travel for work, and keen to do this to drive the best project outcomes
- Be confident with presenting to groups – believing in your story and sharing this convincingly
- Be self-motivated with lots of ambition and a desire to be continually learning
- Possess an inquisitive, questioning and creative mind
- Have the ability to see the big picture and be excited about possibilities and opportunities
- Exhibit a calm and solutions focused persona, even when under pressure
- Always be willing to help out and go the extra mile for clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate a passion for your work and clients, sharing relevant new information with colleagues, conducting knowledge shares and keeping your finger on the pulse of what’s going on
- Be passionate about your own development and flag training and other developmental opportunities as appropriate