The Leading Edge is a global insight and strategy consultancy specialising in solving brand, innovation and retail problems. Created with a simple promise to do things differently and to do things better, The Leading Edge believes it’s not just about what clients don’t know, it’s about focusing on what they can do to get better.
The Leading Edge partners with clients to help unleash their hidden potential and give them an edge, ultimately delivering focus, inspiration and guidance for an achievable and commercially focused plan.
With over 25 years of experience, The Leading Edge has offices based in London, UK and Sydney, Australia with expansion into North America coming soon.
The Day to Day:
Can be divided into three core areas:
Data collection design:
- Working closely with Consultants in the business to ensure we have the best data solutions to our clients’ problems/objectives Sample and design: polls, surveys, groups, etc.
- Data purchasing: from Experian to Google data, knowing what’s out there, how to use it and when to use it
- Requesting and managing data from clients: customer journey, sales, experience, servicing, etc. to the point of designing a way to collect and join different data sets
- Attend brief and project brainstorms to suggest methodologies for a problem/objective: this includes both data collection and analysis process
- Working with freelancers and/or our team in Australia to drive design solutions and processes
Data management and analysis:
- Interpret large amounts of data
- Dataset development – from tab-spec (nets, totals, etc.) through to SPSS/SAS/CSV files
- Data analysis specifications – statistical approaches to be applied
- Development of data analysis frameworks and processes: what happens, in what order and why
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
- Lead quality assurance (ensuring consistency of TLE standards, discipline skills) within quantitative elements of projects
- Participate in ongoing skills development to drive TLE’s quantitative analysis skills
Interpretation & strategic recommendations:
- Participate and/or lead brainstorming analysis sessions, formulating hypothesis and opinion
- Interprets & analyses data to formulate appropriate conclusions for clients
- Effectively presents findings and recommendation to the internal team and/or the client
- Data visualisation skills
- Clear storytelling with focus on answering the client problem using robust but clear data
- Ability to engage, excite and persuade with your advice to client
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years in an analyst role – ideally with experience of running projects independently
- Strong statistical analysis experience - experience of research tools, e.g. SPSS, Q, SAS,
- Extremely strong excel skills, including ability to write macros
- Agency experience (whether insights, market research or big data)
- Data visualisation experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Be self-motivated with lots of ambition and a desire to continually learning
- Possess an inquisitive, questioning and creative mind
- Strong focus on attention to detail and quality control
- Be driven to deliver the best project outcomes for the client and the business
- Have a strong ambition for excellence and a desire to go beyond what’s expected
- Approach everything entrepreneurially and commercially, balancing the day-to-day urgent work to think about what’s important or what the big opportunity is
- Possess the passion to contribute to the agency culture and work environment.