The Client Director is a seasoned quant focussed client services professional leading a number of our key accounts. With a wealth of experience in quantitative research, the CD is responsible for leading teams to create strategic quant focussed research deliverables, which drive positive client relationships and retention. `
This role is accountable for leading, developing and integrating teams with a number of core clients and is involved in contributing to the deployment of overall business strategy. There may also be a requirement to input into long-term business strategy.
The role has the overall accountability for the success of valuable client relationships and profitability of their team’s allocated client base.
The Day to Day:
- Overall responsibility for the clients to ensure growth and profitability
- Ensures that clients have a solid team aligned to their business
- Positions TLE effectively with key clients to showcase the breadth of the offer
- Develops best practise ways to look after clients and drives these approaches with the team. Drives efficiency within the team (i.e. making sure the team uses meeting protocols; project debriefs, forward thinking resource management, etc.)
- Able to influence senior client decision makers
- Presents, develops and progresses the opportunity based on sound commercial thinking.
- Makes excellent use of research to support client projects.
- Provides thought leadership to the wider team and develops strategic and communication solutions for key clients
- Stays abreast of the latest in research and insight solutions to ensure the highest quality of the TLE offer to the client
- Leads quality assurance (ensures consistency of TLE standards, discipline skills) within team
- Supports and advises team members, in cases where standards are not met, as to how to get back on track
- Participates in ongoing skills development both inside and outside of TLE’s business.
- Contributes to TLE IP development and is a strong practitioner in their specialism, with the capability to sell and oversee their ‘minor’
- Responsible for the overall profit targets and ensuring their team meets or exceeds them.
- Sets both individual and team sales targets both through growing existing clients and new business targets
- Manages annual budget and weekly forecasting
- Manages pricing strategy for clients
- Manages weekly costing forecasting for client services team
- Focuses on developing the consultancy team to ensure they are meeting client expectations, delivering on new business targets and continually improving their own capability in client services
- Performance management – undertakes reviews with aligned reports annually, with formal monthly catch ups to assess progress of PDP
- Decides with SLT & People team on promotions / salaries / performance issues
- Leads the team - builds a motivated team & ensures all team members feel a part of a strong unit
- Coaches team members to ensure collaborative client focused relationships to achieve exceptional client outcomes, including attending client meetings with direct reports
- Draws upon extensive experience to pre-empt problems and issues. Has a direct, yet diplomatic approach in resolving client and team issues
- Demonstrates powerful and charismatic ability to sell the TLE offer. The verbal and written communication skills are strong and can clearly delegate and communicate roles to team members.
Growing our business
- Maintains a strategic focus on our business and the business of current and potential clients in order to leverage business opportunities for the client services team
- Has a strategic understanding of the client’s business needs and objectives and is able to articulate this in the form of the TLE offer
- Identifies business threats and opportunities and creates appropriate strategies
Qualifications & Experience:
- University qualification in a relevant subject area
- 2+ years in a senior role in an agency, managing teams and leading client projects/deliverables solo
- Preferably 10+ years in a consultancy or client business
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain strong networks and relationships internally and externally through a coaching mentality
- Extensive, proven track record in quantitative research – taking a client from their initial business issue, through ideation and leading them to the optimum answer for their business problem
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of quant tools which ultimately support brand problems
- A proven ability to deliver smart work, generate new business and to retain clients – clear track-record of identifying and winning new business, then translating this to ongoing clients
- A real people person, driven by an ambition to be involved in the highest quality work
- Exemplary communication and written skills as well as fantastic presentation skills
- Strong ethos and emphasis on planning, scheduling, resource planning and team utilisation
- Ability to build a high performing, collaborative, effective team
- Punctual, reliable and highly self-motivated